Social Icons

понедельник, 1 августа 2016 г.

Weight Loss Blogger Interview – Tony Posnanski

Do you get motivated reading about the success of others? I know I do, which is why I’ll be interviewing some great weight loss successes and sharing their stories here.

Today’s interview is with Tony Posnanski who blogs at The Anti-Jared:

Weight Loss Questions

Tony, can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Tony Posnanski, and I grew up in Charlotte, North Carolina, and currently live in Orlando. I have been a Chef for the last six years of my life, and have been in restaurants for the last 12. I have a wonderful supportive wife, a pup, and two cats.I have struggled with weight my whole life, but this time is much more different than ever. I have eaten well, and very determined to keep my weight off forever!
According to the header of your blog you have lost 196.8 lbs. That’s truly amazing! What was the impetus to get started on your weight loss journey?
I have lost 197 pounds so far. I was feeling numbness in my arms while I would “try” to sleep, so I went to the doctor. He told me I had about three months to live the way I was living. He told me to get gastric bypass because doing it on my own would be too hard. I told him I had to do it on my own, and he said because I was in restaurants, my chances would be very slim. Wow, the only thing that was slim in my life! He did suggest Weight Watchers, so I joined, and the rest is history.
How long has it taken you to lose the 197 pounds?
I have lost 197 pounds in about 9 months. It is quick, and many people do not believe it. The funniest thing is that I have not really struggled with it. At first, I would not want “bad” food in the house, but now nothing deters me. I work around fattening food all day long.
Almost 200 pounds in less than a year? That’s stunning. When I cook at home I am constantly nibbling and tasting. Have you had to stop doing that or do you have to allow a degree of it to be a successful chef?
You said two different things here, which I was not aware of until I started to lose weight. Tasting and nibbling. Before, a taste would be a ½ cup of sauce, or a heaping teaspoon of something. Now, I do taste, but it is a very minute amount. I taste to make sure of freshness, not to enjoy for myself. That is for the people I am making the food for. I do not nibble at all. If I nibble now, I will be 400 pounds tomorrow. I also use a lot of other senses, including sight, smell and touch. Believe it or not, you can really see the quality in food if you use them all.
Do you watch Top Chef on Bravo? If so – who is your pick to win this season?
I will be honest, I have not had time for TV. I used to watch Hell’s Kitchen, but I do not do that anymore. The only reality show I watch now is……..well, none really. I blog. (ed. note – my pick is Stefan)
To what do you credit most in your weight loss? Changing eating habits? Exercise? Change in thinking? Something else?
My wife. She is the reason that I eat well, and live a healthy life now. I have been too selfish for to long. Now it is time to do something positive for my family.
What tips would you offer someone trying to lose a significant amount of weight like you have lost?
You need to have the mindset to do it. Any doubt, and you will fail. It is important to join a program, or read a book about it, and follow it pretty strict. Also, join support groups. It was nice to see that I was not alone.
What are some of your fitness goals for the future? What is your goal weight?
I am not a “marathon” man. I like the elliptical machine and treadmill, and I do some weights as well. I realize that I need those items to be in shape. Being able to walk around at work without getting tired or sitting in the office is the best goal I can keep up with. As for my goal weight, I’m not sure. I went to the doctor about a month ago, and he said it would be hard to know right now. He estimates that I have close to 20-25 pounds of loose skin. I also have a lot of muscle as well. I look good, but still have a little to go. I am happy now, but I am assuming my “Weight Watchers lifetime” weight would be at 190.
Do you have a plan for that loose skin? Do you think you will need surgery to get rid of it?
My doctor told me that I need to workout for a year first. To me, I am keeping it. I do not ever want a surgery for it. I can deal with it.

Blogging Questions

Has your weight loss blog helped you with losing weight?
Tremendously! My brother is a nationally syndicated sportswriter, and he has a incredibly popular blog. I just started to write because it really helps me stay focused. I have gotten a lot of great feedback, which motivates me even more. I like to write little stories about my weight loss, and pitfalls I have had before. I am not the best writer, but you do not have to be. But it helps weight loss!
Concerning making money on your blog – where do you fit on this scale:
  1. I don’t make any money
  2. I make enough monthly to pay my blogging expenses
  3. I make a little extra fun money after expenses
  4. I can’t quit my day job yet but I bet I can in a year or two
  5. I’m living the dot com lifestyle, baby!
I don’t make any money – It is a hobby. Of course I would love to make millions off of it, but that is not going to happen. Right now, I am just super happy if I get more than 6 comments on each post.
How do you handle comments on your blog? Do you respond back in email? On your blog?
I LOVE THEM!! I try to respond in email whenever I can. I have been busy, so sometimes I do not have time, but I try to give a little shout out when I can.
http://theantijared.com/

Комментариев нет:

 
Blogger Templates