Social Icons

вторник, 12 июля 2016 г.

BIG Brother star Jade Goody revealed last night how her one-armed mum beat her as a child.

Raging mum beat me black and blue

BIG Brother star Jade Goody revealed last night how her one-armed mum beat her as a child.
In an explosive interview, Jade told the newssvet.blogspot.com: "My mum was an invalid and I had to look after her — and that made her very frustrated that she couldn't do things for herself.
"I'd be doing her hair and suddenly she'd start shouting and screaming at me.
"Once, in a real temper, she beat me because I hadn't fixed my Wendy house properly. I was black and blue.
"I had to go to school that day and I was having trouble sitting down so the teachers knew things weren't right.
"Mum told me later that she rang social services to say that she was scared she'd hit me again. She told them, ‘I'm not fit to be a mother'.
"She told them she just couldn't cope and asked them to take me away because she was worried that she was ruining my life. She actually wanted them to put me on a Risk List."
"I now know that social services decided not to do that — and I'm so glad. Mum and me are a team. We're family."
It was Jade who helped will her mum Jackiey back to life after a bike crash on August 31 1986 left her with a broken neck, broken collarbone, one blind eye and a paralysed left arm. Her dad Andrew was in prison.

Shine
Jade added: "I was only young so I had to learn to cook, clean, iron and even wire plugs. There were times when it was hard. Other girls would be out playing after school but I'd be be up until 3am sometimes, doing mum's hair, dressing her and doing the housework.
"But I didn't really mind. I love her.
"But then I'd have to go to school and sometimes I'd be so worn out I'd fall asleep on the desk! Even when I was awake I couldn't concentrate on lessons.
"I missed a bit of school because of her—and because of that I wouldn't know about a few things like geography, or history or a few famous people like Mother Teresa.
"Sometimes I just couldn't take it in because I was tired. But where I lack in a few things in education, I shine in other areas. I'm not stupid and I'm a nice person."
Jackiey had been riding on a motorbike just yards from her Bermondsey home in south London with her brother, Martin Caddock, 19. The bike hit a kerb and Martin was instantly killed.
Jackiey was rushed to Guy's Hospital and placed in intensive care. Her nan, Martha, 86, who had brought her up, was in the bed next door dying of throat cancer. She passed away hours later.
Jade added: "I'll never forget being brought into the hospital and being told that Mum might die. My favourite uncle had died and now my nan was about to die too. It was a lot to take in.
"Mum was moved to Paddington Hospital and had to stay there for two years. With dad in prison I went from relative to relative to be looked after.
"For nine months Mum was pretty much out of it, but I'd sit by her bedside and chat away. Things were really bad as Mum had so many hospital drugs in her. She even forgot about me at one point. She even forgot that she had a daughter because her memory had been affected by the accident.
"But we managed to get through it all. Here I am now. And I know that my mother loves me one hundred per cent and she'll be there for me and do everything for me."
By the time Jackiey eventually came home Jade was seven—and about to become a heroine by dragging her invalid mum out of their burning home. Jade explained: "My mum and me were so poor that we couldn't even afford electricity so we used to have candles around the room for just a bit of light. But we both must have fallen asleep.
"Then a candle melted to the end and set fire to the bed. By the time I woke up the flames had leapt to the wardrobe. It was horrible.
"I was only seven at the time but I remember screaming, ‘Mum, Mum, Mum!' and trying to wake her up. Mum was left-handed, and she'd lost her left hand so it was difficult for her to move much at the time. I don't know how I did it but I dragged her out of bed and somehow managed to carry her outside through all the flames and smoke. She was about three times bigger than me and I was starting to panic.
"I was just a kid, not even ten, and I had to use all my strength. I can still feel the heat of the flames in our bedroom. Then we were outside and people were helping to put the fire out."
Jackiey added: "I remember waking up in the street and looking at the burning house with little Jade by my side telling me what she did. She's been vilified since she went into that house but there's a side to her that absolutely nobody knows...until now. I couldn't live without her."
Jade smiled: "It took Mum a long time to get herself together, about 12 years in all, but when you love someone you look after them. She was so proud when I trained as a dental nurse. And that made me feel good too."
She added: "I never mentioned all this in the house because I'm not that sort of person,
"I didn't want to drag everyone down with me in the house. I'm a happy person and my childhood didn't matter. It was all about enjoying myself in the house and living for the moment."
Jackiey watched Big Brother with mounting fury as she saw Jade teased and bullied by her housemates.
Jade smiled: "She's told me that the one person she can never forgive is Kate. She's forgiven Adele for shouting at me and PJ for ignoring me after what we did in bed but she just wants to punch Kate's face in. I'm sure she'll calm down though.
"As soon as I came out, Mum told me that nothing I'd said or done had made her remotely 
ashamed of me. Nothing.

Manners
"The only thing she did shout at me about was I didn't put my hand over my mouth when I was yawning. She told me, ‘You know that's bad manners'.
"Still I only went into the house in the first place because I knew Mum would be proud. And she is. So everything is brilliant."
As Jade spoke, Jackiey showed us treasured pictures from her family album.
Jade flicked through them as well, and remembered: "I'll never forget my mum being so proud of me in my school uniform.
"The teachers gave me hardly any homework, but Mum used to ask them to give me more homework because I'd missed so much school through looking after her.
"It sounds terrible but there was no choice. I was the only one in the world who could care for her."
Jade added: "But we had such a lot of fun together as well. I remember a holiday to Spain when I was about seven. It was our first trip abroad together. Mum said I was such a water baby.
"Mum loved me taking part in any sort of event. There was a council-run festival and I performed Fame live. We then went on to a funfair, where I was mucking about with my friends.
"Mum says I was always the loudest, bubbliest person you could ever have around. Even as a baby I was always laughing—and it broke mum's heart to see me crying in the house."

Комментариев нет:

 
Blogger Templates