Social Icons

понедельник, 1 августа 2016 г.

I am fat, not fit

Hello world.  My name is John and despite what the name of this blog might imply, I am fat.  How the hell did I let myself go like this?  I’m 41 years old, 6 feet tall and weigh 295 pounds.   20 years ago I wavered between 177 and 190.  I really felt great at 185.  I would do anything to get there again.
 Well, that isn’t really true, is it?  Because to say that would imply I would do things like eat less and exercise more, and I simply have not been able to make the effort needed to get there.  A few years ago I lost 40 pounds on Akins.  It was the first diet I was able to stick to and for awhile it worked wonders.  But it couldn’t be sustained and of course I gained everything back and then some.
What brought me to write about this?  I’ve been reading some blogs lately from people dealing with their weight issues and have really been inspired that there is hope.  And it is obvious that writing about the daily pressures and struggles is a healthy outlet, healthier certainly than the likely alternative which is to eat.
I got here tonight because I crossed the line today.  This is not far from a typical day, but even for me this is too much and I realized today have a problem and I need to get help.
Breakfast
McDonalds – #7 Breakfast combo (that’s a Steak Bagel Sandwich and a hash brown) and an extra Sausage Egg McMuffin.  Large Decaf with 2 sugars.
Lunch
Bruegger’s – Two salt bagels with cream cheese, a bowl of cheese and broccoli soup (and the bagel bite as well as two sample nibbles), a large chocolate chip cookie and a large Diet Coke
Dinner
Subway – 12 Inch Tuna sub with cheese and olive oil (plus a ton of various veggies), bag of Sun chips, large root beer.
Dairy Queen – large cone
Snacks
1 Package (2 pieces) Cherry pop tart
1 bowl of grapes
1 beer
That’s just gross.
I am now fat but I hope that by writing about it, and of course eating less and exercising more, I am on the path to being fit.

Комментариев нет:

 
Blogger Templates