Social Icons

суббота, 14 января 2017 г.

Billie Piper: "I'd love to marry again" but Chris Evans will always be in my heart

 

Billie Piper's new man will have to live in her ex-husband's shadow.
Billie Piper's short life has had more twists and turns than a soap opera.
At 15 she was a pop star, at 18 she married millionaire Chris Evans, then at 21 she was single again.
Now, aged 24, she's one of our best-loved actresses. After splitting from boyfriend Amadu Sowe, who comforted her after her split from Chris, she's now dating Laurence Fox, an actor she met in rehearsals for the stage play Treats, in which they play lovers.
The headspinning speed at which Billie lives and loves hasn't come without cost, though. The star, who has been dogged by insecurity most of her life, now reckons she'll never settle down and find the comfort she briefly felt with Chris.
"I used to think, ŒYes, I can definitely see myself getting married again' - loads more times probably. But I'm in no rush," she admits.
"I do love being domesticated, but life can take you on a different course to the one you have planned for yourself. I've learned that you can't truly plan the future." But one thing Billie is sure of - and something her new lover will need to get used to - is that no matter how close they get, Chris Evans will remain a huge part of her life. In fact Billie says their relationship is so unique she doesn't expect Laurence to understand.
She says: "We have an extraordinary relationship and no one else understands it so they don't accept it. Chris and I are still really close and that's something that will never change." Billie remains tight-lipped about Laurence but admits that work put a strain on her relationship with Amadu.
She says: "While I was filming Dr Who in Cardiff, I worked 12- to 13-hour days. Most of the time I was in a hotel room with room service. Amadu visited, but not as much as I'd have liked, and there wasn't much chance to do anything after work." Billie won praise for her part as Rose Tyler in BBC1's Bafta-award-winning sci-fi series Dr Who. Although she left the show last year, she'll be on our screens again next month in ITV1's adaptation of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park.
Despite her successful crossover from child pop sensation to serious actress, Billie, who has suffered recurring bouts of anorexia, still prefers to stay as far out of the public eye as possible.
"I can't bear parties and premieres, they make me feel unbelievably insecure," she says. "I get really clammy hands at things like that.
"I'd rather see a film with my mates. I don't need to walk down the red carpet in a backless dress to see a movie unless I'm going to support a friend who is in it.
"Some people love all that but it's not for me. I don't think less of people who do it but I can't be bothered to put myself through the stress of finding a great outfit and hoping other people like it.
"My idea of a great night is to stay in with lots of food and sit on the sofa in front of the fire. I can't be bothered to do anything else. Often, I get home from work and think, is it wrong to want to put my pyjamas on and go to bed at 7.30pm? I love going to bed early and I love my sleep." Billie blames most of her past problems on her pop career.
"It really messed me up at times," she says. "I suppose it was because I wasn't happy doing it.
It hasn't been high-flying the entire way. There have been times when my life has been pretty bleak, but I'm feeling good right now." And she admits she is no longer hung up on her body image. During the worst of her anorexia, she tried eating tissues to fill herself up.
"I was always struggling with my weight," she admits. "I'm a size 12 on the bottom half and a size 10 on the top. I never weigh myself. And I make sure I am careful not to give girls ideas on how to lose weight. That's what I used to do - I would read an article in a magazine about anorexia and think, ŒOK, I'll do that'. I still hate looking at myself in photos.
"I was brought up on bread and butter so I'm a self-confessed bread addict.
I probably should go to the gym more but I can't be bothered. I shouldn't smoke as much either, but I like a cigarette - I like all the things you aren't supposed to like.
"I enjoy good food at home and I walk my dog a lot, but I don't have an exercise routine. American actors will get up at 3am and go to the gym for two hours and then start their day. I can't think of anything worse. That's why they look so amazing - but I would rather be in bed."
As to the future, Billie, who lives in Belsize Park, North London, says: "It's hard to predict anything. If someone said to me two years ago, you will have been in a massive TV show, won some awards and written a book, I would have said 'rubbish'.
"It just goes to show that you never know what life has in store for you."

Комментариев нет:

 
Blogger Templates