Social Icons

воскресенье, 31 июля 2016 г.

Tips To Get That Promotion

Dumb Little Man has a great list of 20 tips that got a person promoted, and I wanted to highlight a few of them here for you, as well as point out the article containing the tips, so you can work on some of them, and get the promotion you deserve.
  • I will be the guy to speak out with new ideas in meetings. If it’s going to save money or increase revenues, I will never be out of line.
  • I will study new trends so I am the guy with the good idea.
  • I will know how competitors do things so I can suggest better solutions in meetings.
  • I will be in the office before my boss’ boss 90% of the time.
  • I will leave the office after my boss 100% of the time.
These types of “rules to live by” improve confidence and make you the person that stands out in the business (hopefully in a good way).
I can attest to the disadvantages of not following these, as I have had problems in a previous company I worked for, mostly due to my attitude. I thought I was too good for the job, and instead of aiming for a better job, I basically gave up and my lack luster performance was noticed.
I have also recently read reports saying that if you are the first person the boss has contact with as well as the last, he is more likely to associate you with the company, and help raise your standing in the company.

Комментариев нет:

 
Blogger Templates