Social Icons

понедельник, 22 августа 2016 г.

GEORGE BEST: Girlfriend reveals star's last words before he fell ill


I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
By Phil Taylor

AS stricken football legend George Best fought for extra time last night his tearful girlfriend revealed his final moving words before falling desperately ill.

From Tenerife, distraught Ros Hollidge exclusively told the News of the World: “The last conversation I had with George was on Tuesday. He phoned me here and told me, ‘I love you so much.’”
The shattered mum of two added: “I love George dearly too and miss him terribly. We’ve discussed marriage but that’s not relevant now. All that’s important is he gets better.”
Ros then described how, before flying off on a family holiday, she made heartbreak trips to the star’s bedside in intensive care at London’s Cromwell Hospital where he is battling for his life.

She said despite George’s failing health, he begged her not to cancel her half-term treat in the sun with her two daughters.

The sight of her lover looking so frail after a kidney infection shocked Ros.

“George has lost a lot of weight and looked very ill,” she said.

“I tried very hard not to be tearful in front of him. But I was so tired and emotional I couldn’t hold back and broke down. George told me, ‘No tears.’ Then he said, ‘I owe you everything.’

“That meant so much to me. I love the guy and will always support him. “He has even dedicated his latest book ‘Hard Tackles and Dirty Baths’ to me. That means a lot as well because it’s real recognition.

“I didn’t cry in front of George again. But privately I’ve been weeping ever since. I still am. George’s family and the hospital staff have been brilliant towards me and they’ve all supported my position to take my children on holiday.”

Ros said that after she flew to the Canaries on Monday George risked medics’ wrath by making a secret, forbidden call to her on his mobile.

“It’s totally against the rules but typical of George,” she said. “It just shows that on Tuesday George was still with it. He was on a lot of medication and sounded very weak but kept on saying, ‘I love you, I love you.’

“Then his condition went rapidly downhill. On Wednesday I was told he was seriously worse with internal bleeding.”

But things looked a bit brighter yesterday.

Best’s doctor, Professor Roger Williams who has looked after the 59-year-old former Manchester United hero since his 2002 liver transplant, said last night: “He is a little better.

“I don’t want to be too encouraging but he’s improved over the last 48 hours.

“He has gone on improving overnight. He is certainly not bleeding anywhere near as much as he was.”

The professor said Best’s current condition was not related to his chronic drinking and his liver was “holding up very well.”

Asked when it would be known for sure if Best has turned a corner he said: “I don’t think we will know for several days. With people as ill as this, it’s a slow process.

“It does look as though he is making it but I wouldn’t go further than that.”

Комментариев нет:

 
Blogger Templates